More information on Distal Trisomy 10q
- Unique: Duplications of 10q (This is a great summary by Unique.)
- Unique Website (Read The Little Yellow Book. A very good pamphlet on rare genetic disorders and how to read a diagnosis.)
- Database of cases Download. (This is an Excel file digest of members of Distal Trisomy 10q Families and surveys done with them. Stripped of generally identifying information.)
- NORD – Distal Trisomy 10q Website.
Social Media and Google Group
- email@example.com: We administer a Google Group for parents of children with Distal Trisomy 10q, Proximal 10p, and a few other 10 related syndromes. The main purpose of this group is to provide a way to send emails to all of the participates of this group (approx. 60 families). Typical messages are about introductions, requests for experiential information from parents, and anything parents want to share about their child with the whole group. This tool’s strength is that most of the 10q parents will receive your message. It is a private group so you will need to request admission (through our email address).
Facebook There are several Facebook groups that provide a good way to share in real time with those that participate in those groups. One group covers all trisomies, the other covers chromosome disorders in general. You will need to request permission to join the group from their administrators.
Chromosome 10 Disorder
Support groups for children with chromosome disorders.
- Free E-books from the Rare Genomics Institute – Diagnosis, Therapies, and Hope
- Family Voices Home Page – Outreach
- SOFT – Support Organization for Trisomy
- Chromosome Deletion Outreach
- OMIM Home Page – Research
Medical papers on Distal Trisomy 10q
The following link executes a search on PubMed, a medical database service, for publications related to Distal Trisomy 10q with their abstracts. (If the search does not automatically execute, just enter “Distal Trisomy 10q” in the search field, and “Abstract” in the drop down box next to the “Display” button. Then click “Go”.) Many of these publications can be ordered by clicking on the publication.
Before reading these publications, it is important to remember that there is a very wide range of impact related to this condition. One can not simply read any or all of these papers and assume that their child will have the same out comes, positive or negative.
- Distal Trisomy 10q publication search on PubMeb (www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez)
- Below is an Excel summary of publications on PubMed through 2003. Click on the button on the lower right to enlarge, or download.